Since the new session has started...and am tryin' to be busy with it..plus my time table turning upside down in this month of ramadhan....i am not able to update myself with the things happening around. That is why the glimpse on the front page...large picture of Anna Hazare...and the larger crowds of his supporters told me i was missing some big action in the country...(though i had the elementary knowledge of jan lokpal bill and his plans of fast, the emergence of the processions etc told me there is something more adding to it). Then at the department my friend tells me the reason of her delay...there was a huge crowd protesting against Anna's arrest...the largest she had ever seen!
That day i managed to get a page from the newspaper which had the data of how aware the indian people are about this matter....the bills, the people etc...
I found I was one of most of them...who knew only something...
I know little knowledge is dangerous..and in things like these were if u support, u support completely and thus should be clear in your mind about the choice...its very dangerous!
It reminds me of another situation back at the hostel...when in one of the hostels a girl died...it was time when i was busy with my exams...there was a huge protest against the warden of that hostel, who was accused of carelessness because of which the mishap took place. There were violent protests...provost office, hostels, hospital ...almost wherever the girls could go....very soon all the hostels even of other halls too joined in...there was a loud cry for "revolution" in the air...and there was me...silent outside but inside almost blowing up with the cry of confusion...finally I too joined one of the marches...headed towards the hostel where the girl died...and was taken aback when the girls there didnot let us in...we were supposed to be their 'supporters'...protesting against the 'cruel' warden...and they do not let us in...? why?? they were there standing by their warden. There were talks in the air about it being a suicide...
Something again was questioning me? rather tearing me...was I there standing with the right or against it...?
same is the question today...i don't want to be gone with the wind. I am a supporter of Haq (right) and want to fight against the wrong...i am against corruption and i am against suicide too...i am in favour of calling for some legal action against corrupt people but also honouring the Prime Minister's position, I am for betterment for law but also against "all or none" kind of demands.
I have learnt... in matters like these...nobody is completely right and none completely wrong...
On my part i wanted to know the pros and cons of both of the proposed bills...the differences..and also the views of learned people...when the 'common people' were as if enacting the scenes of some patriotic movie (i remember something like this from 'phir bhi dil hai hindustani)...
and then...there was the answer to my prayers...an article by Arundhati Roy...'I'd rather not be Anna'...the thirst of the citizen in me is quenched to some extent.
I don't repent now, for not joining my brother in the procession by his schoolmates...kids of secondary school...who would hardly know what the 'shor' in the country is all about.
Stand against corruption....start with yourself...be sincere. Help others do their job properly...donot make things difficult.
Support when you know what you support. This is not a movie...this is gonna affect my country!!Be thoughtful.Be aware.Share.
why are these advocates of anti-corruption lokpal so impatient, so adamant?? abusing the PM, the parliament, the democracy itself!! ....read this
ReplyDeletehttp://ibnlive.in.com/news/changes-can-be-made-in-jan-lokpal-bill-kejriwal/148843-3.html
How I wish Arvind Kejriwal's answers made sense!!
True it z dat giving an ultimatum sort of gestures z smthng dat can b dangerous but d reason for dis upsurge lies in d fact dat Govt has lost d trust of masses.. Right from CBI's actions to CWG n 2G spectrum case people hav watched d whole menace as mute spectators except 4 voting in polls by newspapers dat r obviously doing no good to country bt d telecom owners.. so nw its nt easy to get cnvinced by a 'mere' demand for "more time" n w8 for d matter 'of fact' to go in junk once again... n ya i agree wid u saying 'ALL OR NONE' should nt be d approach..But d condition z PATHETIC..N also dat "revolutionz" in d air r igniting some more "revolutionz", round d world..
ReplyDeleteI really dun knw d cmplte strategy both sides hav in dis case but m hoping 4 some worthy negotiationz..
CHANGE z needed hard!!
Well.. we never know completely until things come into effect right? Hopefully Anna will break his fast today. Let's see what's in store...
ReplyDeleteNice blog post yshfn, it stiulates me to collect my thoughts here although I do have my own blog running....
ReplyDeleteHowever absurd or brilliant the current case in politics may be, it is always nice to see so many youngsters holding flags against corruption, I am so lucky to be part of this age in that tiny way.
I predict clearly that all Anna Hazare projects including this lokpal will never be able to eliminate corruption even to the slightest degree, in fact Anna Hazare or his guru Gandhi himself is the greatest corruption to the masses, for coming up with such unattainable romantic solutions out of their sheer assumption.
Several years down the lane, I am going to tell the people about how all these Anna Hazares failed to solve their problems at all. This country already has the biggest fattest law constitution book of the world yet there is still has been corruption. The solution to corruption is not just in instituting great altruistic formalities like lokpal but rather it is about understanding the circumstances in which people tend to become corrupt, and eliminating those circumstances, e.g. a poor road design causes many accidents, similarly certain circumstances lead to corrupt incidents, have you not seen that Aligarh to Delhi road having many accidents, just because the road design is very very poor, since the single lane road is higher than its surrounding land on both sides, it is very likely that people while overtaking might just slide off and crash.
Being an English teacher, I have seen how many a common man cannot even write a proper formal letter to the bank manager, how are they going to file the RTI or lokpal forms....
One of my students came to me one day, he liked me so much that he told me, "Sir Sir, the admissions are open in the amu university, if you want a pg seat in any branch just tell me, and I will arrange it for you for a small fee, and if you choose the mass comm dept, I have direct link, one call, and Sir you are in the new batch for free, no fee".
I then confronted him and told him that this bribe admission stuff is really bad, but he said, "arrey sir, these village boys have no where to go, they can never outperform the town boys, if they dont get this seat somehow, their whole life is ruined. This is all they have got, so I help them with seats."
The people of this country are trapped in a viscious cycle of corruption due to the ugly social design, there are millions and millions of people who survive only via corruption. The vegetable lady, to sell her goods on that particular road street, she bribes the policeman, for the policeman to keep his job and salary intact he is blackmailed and obeys a don, the don works for a politician who works for another don, the people including the same woman is asked to elect this politician to power, the politician needs more money to keep his life safe and the party in power and the cycle goes on.