"JATROPHA, he said....then added with confidence,"its from the Euphorbiaceae."
I was asking about the one which has been catching my attention since I saw it for the first time!
this flower....small but brightly coloured, simple, with five petals sprinkled with bright yellow pollens. so simple yet so beautiful. one more thing which i noticed was that it is always highly held on the plant....rather branch top!....and also that it stayed in group!
these plants were planted all the way along the road from the campus gate to the college building....and always greeted me brightly whenever i passed them.
I wanted to know atleast the name of my friend..... so I googled with the description....couldn't actually find the information. (as if.. ;) ) it was then i decided to take the ultimate botanist's help..i went to the lab incharge with the keywords.... it was then we were formally introduced!
then onwards....we used to meet everyday...
these flowers are so simply b'ful that for me roses, lilies etc come after jatropha....
not fragrant really...yet likeable. my camera loves them too.
i miss them in the winters.... :(
Something i know now...after all these meetings:
the flowers are either male or female....easily distinguishable...with yellow pollens..male and without..are the female....on separate branches.
the plant is an evergreen shrub.
I am not good at the terminology of inflorescence and the likes. so, if you want, here are the technical terms for you.
but if you are simple like us, then you won't need it...will you?
[ i have thought of this series of blogs under "there is something about..." , describing things i feel connected with in a mysterious way.... (tis simply about things i like....) and need not things...can be memories etc (i will avoid writing about people since..... they can react! :[ ...may not like it or more dangerously i may not be able to describe them aptly due to my limited abilities)
anyway...this is just to keep myself writing as i like it! ;) ]
They use Jatropha to make biofuel that's all I know. My dad has planted many of those, nowadays he is into macadamia nuts. Have you eaten them? I haven't, but they say that its very tasty and one of the most expensive.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes,
Do check this small pdf file, might be of some help, I dont know.
http://www.canadiannaturephotographer.com/flowers/How_to_Photograph_Flowers.pdf
so dat way i can consider myself lucky to hav so many gifted, both singly or in clusters by u.. :)
ReplyDelete"earn while u learn" has got a definition for u dat z entirely different...
admiration loaded wid philosophy is ur genre n i admire d way...
keep up.. :)